06 December 2010

Reverb 10 Prompt 4 - Wonder

December 4 – Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)


This prompt really got me worried. It seems to imply that we all have to 'cultivate a sense of wonder', all very prescriptive and new agey. I started to think that, after the other therapy-like prompts we have already had, that this Reverb thing might be some marketing scam to sell some kind of hideous self help book by a one a semi-religious con artist guru type.

So I waited a few days.

[admittedly I didn't get much time to write anyway during those days.]

And after reading the later prompts I thought - OK - so maybe not all of the prompts are pure evil, give it a bit longer, see what I can get out of it. So that's what I am doing.

If I don't like a prompt, I will say so or ignore it.

After all, its not as if anyone is actually reading this anyway apart from my partner, so I can pretty much write what I like -

arse
balls
smelly poo face
knob cheese
and
gubbins!

Now that was therapeutic!

.

Arse-gubbins

1 comment:

Christine Hennebury (isekhmet/Smartmouth Mombie) said...

Bad news, Sunshine. Someone else did read it.

And you made me laugh.

Have fun with the rest of Reverb10